View Single Post
Old Aug 26th, 2018, 17:03   #10
DeanH

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggit View Post
Likewise with your T5 (although I’d struggle to get one past the missus!)
Hadn't posted any up as I'm not particularly looking to get rid of it without there being a swap involved. If I bought from someone who wasn't interested in taking the T5 I would hold onto it until I knew the D5 was reliable.

As for the T5 everything works perfectly mechanically, there is a slight blow from the backbox that I haven't got around to fixing yet. I bought the car with an "engine system service required" - this turned out to be a failed VVT solenoid which has now been replaced. The cruise control also had an intermittent fault which has been cured with a new brake pedal position sensor. There's an alarm service required due to the siren having been removed whilst I find a replacement. This will be replaced before sale.

There are only two things that I can fault the car on electronically. First of all, neither heated seat works - haven't looked any further than the fusebox but suspect the elements to have broken. Secondly, the steering wheel controls for the radio do not work. The headunit has bene replaced at some point with a module that was not divorced from the original car.

It's on 130k miles and passed its MOT at the beginning of August so has nearly a full year on it.

There are some small bodywork issues but nothing out of the ordinary for an 18 year old car.

DeanH is online now   Reply With Quote