View Single Post
Old Mar 28th, 2019, 19:40   #42
Army
marches on his stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmg View Post
Another question: Radiator Blind.

Were they fitted to all cars, even to the ones sold in countries with no harsh winters? I ask because a friend in Mexico owns a 1961 model which was originally from his mother and now his, and he says he never had it.

Anyhow, mine, which was sold for the US market, probably had it, and it doesn't any more. I do find the car has the tab under the dash which I assume is for the chain, plus a tube going over the radiator for the chain to pass to the front of it... and also a couple of small holes down there in the body, where I guess the blind was attached.

I guess more than asking, I am requesting confirmation and advise on wether I would install it or if I better forget about it. If I should install it, any source for the blind? I could not find it on VP's site.

Pics attached.

Thanks!
Victor
You should also see a tube coming out of the bulkhead for the chain.

Mine came with one kind of fitted /partially fitted / broken. If you want I can take some pictures of it for you if you want but it is in a pretty sorry state,

I get the impression these are difficult to find rarely replaced items.

I don't know if they were only cold country destination fitments or universally fitted - sorry
1992 Mercedes 190E The car that works!
Army is offline   Reply With Quote