Thread: LPG tune up
View Single Post
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 01:00   #12
Pete_c20

Not so much a tune-up, as making sure that your car/system is actually working as it should be. Mine took a dive a while back and when I got to the bottom of it one of the seals in the vapouriser had gone. One seals kit later and things were back in order.
Its taken a dive again just of late and there looks to be at least a couple of issues needing sorting. Petrol injectors weeping that should be closed when on LPG (see other thread) is looking likely. And its about time I checked the lambda sensors.

Like the Jack says the Petrol & LPG ECUs can sometimes compensate for all kinds of things. At the moment I have the petrol ECU in mine saying the long term fuel trim is 5% rich. It could be down to some longer term problem that's non LPG (quite possibly) or perhaps it could be the LPG side.

Resetting the ECUs by dropping the power off for a while can clear some issues that have already been resolved. Mine at the moment runs better having done this but only for a day or so before it slips back into its old ways. Again a clue to the problem/s.

Maybe a good idea have a look round if you're that way inclined to see if its simply doing what it should be. Check the codes if you can with an OBD2 reader. Look for split hoses etc. Some of the youtube videos on car maintenance are very good and apply just as much to LPG as non-LPG.
Pete_c20 is offline   Reply With Quote