View Single Post
Old Jun 13th, 2018, 14:31   #6
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgeaa View Post
Updating this story (or saga as it has now become!). According to Volvo Customer Relations, it appears that Volvo Technical in Sweden deleted my VolvoID to try and resolve the fact that Volvo Looker Stockport does not appear as a preferred retailer in the My Volvo website.
I'm now waiting for a Volvo UK Customer Relations manager to call me back "within 24 hours".

Volvo have clearly underestimated their ability to scale their back end support organisation in line with their success in sales.

They are an everyday car company masquerading as a prestige car company at the moment.
There are very few 'prestige' car companies in the sense that I think you mean. None of them are really mass producers. None of them are guaranteed to match, much less better Volvo's product support, although their dealers may well provide a premium service. At a cost.
All your Mercedes, Audi, BMW, Volvo, Jaguar and so on, are all fluff and little substance. They just live on carefully crafted consumer image and that image often doesn't reflect consumer reality when something goes wrong, or indeed often in the quality and reliability of their vehicles.

If you want real substance and quality, but a lower image perception as yet, buy Hyundai or Kia, Toyota and maybe Honda.