Thread: Engine: 2.5: - co2 levels
View Single Post
Old Nov 30th, 2018, 21:24   #20
ITSv40
VOC Member

Jack, I don't want to sound rude and it is not meant to be, but I think you are getting confused.

The object of the emissions control and function of the cat is to reduce emissions and ensure the exhaust gasses are as clean as possible, therefore readings need to be kept low, not increased as they cannot surely be too low.

On re-reading your original post you say the co readings were 0.00 and lambda 1.110 in which case you need to lower the lambda reading.

I have just checked my C70 test readings at the last mot - everything original and a well maintained car from new - and the co was 0.001 which is similar to your reading and lambda 1.007 which is similar to your reading on the previous test. This will give you a comparison.

I would try the Forte treatment - you have very little to lose - and see how it goes. You may be pleasantly surprised.

When I had my V40 tested a few weeks ago it passed with virtually no emissions and yet the tail pipe always gets sooty - the C70 never gets any sign of soot on it. I asked the mot chappie how come there is a difference when both cars are running very clean. He said, ''Aah, that is because the C70 has a massive cat and nothing gets through, all those big Volvo's run clean if well looked after''.

HTH and you get it sorted.
ITSv40 is offline   Reply With Quote