View Single Post
Old Jun 16th, 2019, 18:13   #3
Jimsiss

Custom is the way to go, I’ve had a long life made one before (well they bent the pipe and supplied the box, I fitted it and welded it). But being a franchise it depends on the person at the place building the exhaust as to how good it is.

JP exhausts in Macclesfield is very good but they are very pricey and won’t supply a Cat if you need one (most places don’t). From what I’ve seen of Top Gear exhausts around Manchester/Cheshire way they are very good.

Most custom exhaust places will build to your requirements but if you need a down pipe make sure to ask in advance as a lot of places won’t make them due to the difference in flanges. Top Gear have a laser cutter so should be able to build you anything.

I built my own in stainless, 3” turbo back with a stainless cat and two larger boxes to keep the noise down. It took me a few days to do and cost around £300-400 in parts, gas for my Tig welder and electricity. I did spend about £400 on a cold cut chop saw though (I needed one for cutting bar stock for my lathe and other bits and pieces anyway).