View Single Post
Old Aug 13th, 2019, 19:41   #25
bob12
bob12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniNinjaRob View Post
When my horns went kaput there was no way I was putting them back where Volvo originally put them, its almost as if some horn manufacturer had given them a back-hander to ensure they were in the worst possible position.......

So when I got my Hella Sharp-tone horns they went behind the grille. Not only do they look good they really fire the sound out and this ensure people really do hear you!
Thanks Rob, I had been giving serious thought to that position in which they are easy to fix.

However, I may have come to the conclusion that possibly, just possibly, the hooters are more protected where they are situated (and that's not ideal by any means) as they are not subjected to the direct force of the weather/spray etc through the grille when driving.

In their current position they are at least just protected by the bumper and the steel plate behind and the headlight assembly itself. The only direct weather effect would be any water spin off from the n/s front wheel and the road in general. They are slightly higher than the lowest level of wheel arch/inner arch plastic shield.

I have to admit that they do look good behind the grille.

I think that I am coming to the conclusion that if they last another 30 years in their current position the replacements will well last out my lifetime.

Bob

Last edited by bob12; Aug 13th, 2019 at 20:44.
bob12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bob12 For This Useful Post: