View Single Post
Old Jan 30th, 2020, 10:04   #8
Brendan W
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choosy54 View Post
It's getting worse and worse now. After starting on a 'sniff' I drive to work (about a mile) leave it for 10 minutes and it needs another 'sniff'. I bought 5 new glow plugs when it first started to be uncooperative. THAT didn't make an ounce of difference. This weekend I am going to check for power to said glow plugs.
If there is a problem with the leak back is there any quick fix other than new injectors?
It doesn't seem to use anymore diesel than normal and there isn't any loss of power or any error lights or messages.
My pride and joy is beginning to p*** me off !

Any help is much appreciated.

Do the leak back test before spending any more time on plugs. It only takes one and generally you will be in no doubt. 40ml per min max at idle.
The original injectors on that car were all drawn from a particular flowrate class; 1, 2 or 3. The number is on the top of the injector. A used injector ideally comes from the same class but the engine management can tolerate up to two injectors from an adjacent class. You could put a 1 into a set of 2s but not into a set of 3s.
There is a ton of stuff here about peoples experiences, good and bad, about injector replacement and getting them out and back in with a proper seal.
In the main you will also see that plugs made no difference for them either.
Brendan W is offline   Reply With Quote