Thread: 240 General: - A guide on how to swap an engine
View Single Post
Old Dec 30th, 2007, 20:32   #12
minesa240x3
loyalty

Well done mike an excellent write up.I can see this becoming more popular as you certainly know what your at.I have done so many of the usual jobs myself including engine swaps and the like.But thinking it through and taking pictures as well.it is so easy to miss bits out as you are so used to doing it.
I always assume when telling somebody how to do somethink that they know what I'm on about,Now I have had all kinds of cars and most are different in the way they do things,The ford I had you adjusted the handbrake via the shoes and then the austin had an automatic adjuster,So even basic stuff like changing rear brakeshoes can be very difficult to the novice(if not impossible)For instance when I did them on my first 240 the haynes manual didn't clearly show where the adjuster was under the casing of the handbrake,so it left me wondering if the shoes were incorrect as the drums didn't quite want to go on,I eventually found the adjuster only because I took the whole cover off trying to find it>I now know how easy it is to access with an extension and only undoing two trim bolts.So keep up the good work and the very basic but accurate descriptions.
Regards Brian.