View Single Post
Old Jan 26th, 2009, 21:56   #19
redboy
Master Member

Talking The volvo has a new home!

Well, I went into this looking for an amazon, and saw the blue vinyl seats and fell in love! Now its a 245 in my drive. This is my first Volvo in the UK- I was briefly the custodian of an early 144 10 years ago in New Orleans. I can't believe I never bought one earlier, and the car really is a credit to Darren. Truly one of the best original style 200 series in the UK and well worth braving the trip from Belfast to Hastings across the Irish Sea in winter!

I intend to keep it mostly original, continuing Darren's practice of adding period genuine accessories from around the world. My next quest is an Australian metal sunvisor, and perhaps a US spec stereo cassette with the built in CB radio, but above all keeping it original and clearly Volvo.

I'm fitting an electronic ignition unit from Hot Spark which I have already installed on my Beetle, and intend to have it converted to LPG.

I think this is a car I'll even be allowed to keep for a while- the other half has said that the passenger seat is comfy and the heater is good.

Now, its only a matter of keeping it a secret from friends, coworkers, and neighbours who all will decide they need their sofas moved.

Cheers,
Brian
redboy is offline   Reply With Quote