View Single Post
Old Sep 20th, 2018, 17:30   #5
id5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1monkey600 View Post
I don't think so. The new Volvo models got this feature so Volvo obviously started paying for subscription to the rtti providers. They then decided they could also offer the service to owners of the older models (fitted with sensus connect), if they wanted to buy it as an accessory, or 'upgrade'.
That is what it is; a new additional feature to the package, rather than an 'update' to correct 'bugs'.
I get your point but it is not a new feature because the functionality is available with the older version of Sensus, I have it on the V40 but not on the XC60, The V40 has VOC and a SIM slot the XC60 does not but they both use the same version of the Sensus unit. The feature functionality is already there. All someone is doing is making money by flipping an electronic switch.

What is new is the use of your own mobile phone instead of a dedicated SIM slot. If Volvo had offered a hardware dedicated SIM slot then I would pay.

What I do not know but want to is the following. Does the download of traffic data and the upload of your cars location and speed use part of the data allowance or does it work through the mobile without impacting the data allowance like WhatsApp and other apps?
id5 is offline   Reply With Quote