View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2019, 22:33   #18
alanoconnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selby View Post
Hmmm, I guess so but if I booked my car in for some work and the guy didn’t respond to messages asking for his address I wouldn’t think - this guys obviously so busy he can’t spend 15 seconds responding to my message, he must be amazing. I’d think, this guys a nob.
When I was looking to spend cash on an S60 T5 I bought for £1850 with 76K on the clock with zero service history (apart from 1 invoice - a fake one - and MOT history) I asked around. There were 2 people I would have trusted to do the work needed to be done.

Both have been mentioned. Both were highly recommended as experts in inline 5 turbocharged engines. I met Tim but was told he was really busy - experts in their field, especially sought after ones - usually are.

I contacted the other named company and, essentially, said I didn't care how long it took, I didn't care how much it cost but I wanted it spot on.

It still needs work but I know how much effort went into the car. Some of the things he did I didn't even have to pay for. He even spoke to ex owners of the car who were unable to get the car right. He did what very few people can do - turned a piece of metal into something arguably better than Volvo made when she was new.

Shemtek - I'm a Fanboy
alanoconnor is offline   Reply With Quote