View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2018, 19:28   #15
Reg E

Forgive me for my absence after the sale but I felt I had to wait until the dust had settled before my post.

I have seen the "motoring press" today and I know they have put the final sale price down to "bidding war" which I would go along with but not entirely.

My in-laws, who purchased it new from the dealership absolutely treasured it. It was their "retirement car" that they treated themselves to every and I mean every weekend, it was pulled out of the garage and what is now called detailing would take hours. It had a huge box of washes, waxes, cleaners etc and only the best towels were used to dry and polish. (Microfibre cloths were still the figment of imagination on a foreign countries drawing board).

The service history was unfailing and it was collected, serviced, delivered back in pristine condition or my Father-in-Law would have taken them to task big time.

When it was passed to me, the car in the garage it shared was my 388ci hot rod with an 11 second ET which I had campaigned for 10 years, so you could say I only took the 240 on as a labour of love as it was really not my cuppa tea.

It grew on me, never let me down and the longer I had it the more I realised how much it meant to my family and I then became the one who spent hours every week detailing it as I was determined to keep it as good as I could.

Things change and it seemed the right time for it to go to a home that, I hope, will use it and love it for many years and I sincerely hope the new owner will enjoy using it.

The amount it raised is still a bit breathtaking and actually academic (but not because I have too much money) so finally I would like to say thank you for the forum for the many years of interest and discussion.

Last edited by Reg E; May 9th, 2018 at 19:33.
Reg E is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Reg E For This Useful Post: