View Single Post
Old Aug 14th, 2019, 22:57   #244
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Crikey, is it nearly 2 months since i updated this?

Had some fun and games in between with the drivers door latch - a spring broke meaning it wouldn't unlock properly. As i had no key for the doors (nothing except the ignition key) and the aftermarket central locking solenoid gave up the ghost fairly quickly as a result, Luke (360beast) came to the rescue with a set of locks from his breaker and a replacement drivers door latch which (because it was from a later car) came with an OE central locking solenoid already fitted.

In other news, remember the wheel i refurbished?

As you can see, the centre cap is still in the original Volvo silver and pretty scabby looking. Took me a while to find the right bits and even longer to get motivated to do it but..................

Rubbed down, plastic primed and sprayed a brighter silver than the wheels.

Meanwhile i'd been on fleabay and found a seller offering raised chrome vinyl "VOLVO" letters at a reasoanble price. Looking at their other items and a few emails later, i had a deal for some "VOLVO" letters in cheap, peelable vinyl for an even better price.

Then a good coat of the same colour silver as the wheel :

I'll remove the peelable letters tomorrow and then lacquer it, if i've got the idea right, i should have a "ghost image" of "VOLVO" on the centre cap! Will post pics if it comes out ok, if not i'll have a rethink and find another method.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: