View Single Post
Old Aug 30th, 2014, 12:27   #12
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonaltap View Post
Hey all, I've come across a 340 that's had a crash on the front left corner so the wing is mashed. I'm gonna have a look at the suspension components to see if it's straight and have another look over. I can't find a replacement wing to save myself so parts for these must be quite rare? He was only wanting a £100 for it but if I can't get a new headlight, wing and bumper plastic then not much point. Shame cos I don't want to see it go to the scrapper.

So my question is how hard are parts to come by for these cars?
There were new wings on e-bay last week around £60 which is fair , about the same price they were when the car was current , an easy job to repair too , I can only find a R/H side today though . But there are other panel manufacturers who can supply non genuine . You could use a second hand wing they unbolt ..

I have been looking for 343 spares for 5 weeks now , i have found 5 sources , i have had one part delivered from one of these sources . the others despite saying yes yes i' have this and that or i will look and let you know , nothing comes of it despite chasing them up .
So yes there are plenty of 340's being dismantled , but these people do not seem interested in selling what you want . This spares situation wont last forever as the remaining 300's get scrapped so get what you need now ...