View Single Post
Old Apr 27th, 2018, 16:55   #5
Casheye

Quote:
Originally Posted by crogthomas View Post
If it's a standard fan, it's controlled by the engine ECU under the dash, hence the wiring disappearing into the loom.
The bigger issue might be, why do you have a hole in your radiator?
I don't have a hole in it. But there is a light coloured plastic bung in a hole in the top left hand side (if standing in front of the car) where I assumed the temp sender is meant to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rversteeg View Post
Does this help? Part of a late 940 wiring diagram.
Kinda :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Why do you want to find the sensor? As others have said, it's in the ECU on your car, derived from the engine management temperature sensor (not the same sensor that drives the temperature gauge) and gives a low speed then a high speed output dependent on temperature and alters the fan speed from slow to fast.

The big question is, what is it not doing?
So maybe I've been looking at the wrong diagrams for this but basically, the electric fan never comes on. I was expecting to hear it on a low setting the other day when stuck in traffic when we had those particularly hot days. But nothing. Now I just assumed that the temp probe/sender/sensor that is connected to that relay was meant to be in the radiator. But I'm wrong? If it isn't, where is it?
Casheye is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Casheye For This Useful Post: