View Single Post
Old Aug 23rd, 2021, 19:41   #9
SouthamptonStu

I took delivery of an R-Design Pro about 3 weeks ago. The ride is great, but I’ve come from a BMW Z4 and prior to that an M3, so the Volvo is on a different level of ride comfort!

I can confirm there are no paddle shifters, but there is a ‘M’ option on the gearshift selector so assume you are able to manually change by bumping selector forward/back, but haven’t tried it.

There is no drive selector beyond ‘Off-Road’, and no carplay. Although I understand both are due later this year in forthcoming software updates.

As someone else has said, there is a USB-C connector in the centre cubby, although there is nothing obvious in the menus to indicate any music options when it’s connected, the only music options that show are dab, bluetooth and any music apps you’ve downloaded such as Spotify (which is great via the google interface). So I guess it may just be used for charging, although you’d expect it to be able to play music too, so maybe I’m just missing something in the menu?

I had a 2019 Z4 prior to this, and the google system in the xc60 is nowhere near as polished as the BMW system, although it will only improve as time goes on. I definitely miss the i drive wheel for navigating menus!

I’ve attached the only picture I have of my car so far, but can get some more tomorrow if there was something specific you wanted?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 9B686BE9-9DC2-46B2-B15B-B7BD595D353F.jpeg (229.4 KB, 116 views)

Last edited by SouthamptonStu; Aug 23rd, 2021 at 19:48.
SouthamptonStu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SouthamptonStu For This Useful Post: