View Single Post
Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 17:58   #6
Rackingman

Quote:
Originally Posted by beat106 View Post
watch the dualmass flywheel thats a volvo bad sting , not shure if you can get a old school cluch plate & flywheel for that model .70k V 10.000miles DMF ouch mothers
My XC60 (205) MY2010 geartronic tows very well, it is very stable well above the legal limit even when passing HGV's, and it will go like hell, if you ask it. I did not go for load comp. suspension because it made my previous V70 a harsher ride. Your sports suspension will be much the same I suspect. It is a great tow car, it holds all the caravan kit in the boot with easy access and the standard strap over mirrors fit without problem.

I tow a 1750Kg Vanmaster and get 27MPG which is improving as the engine loosens up, last tow was with 8500 miles on it and it went to Highland Scotland with never a thought about the steep inclines - hills, what hills!! If I had any complaint it would be that the Geartronic is too slow to change down, it will sit at 1500revs even going up hill and needs to be manually selected to get the best out of it.
Rackingman is offline   Reply With Quote