View Single Post
Old Dec 19th, 2018, 20:32   #4
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V40R View Post
Thanks that was quite helpful,

My next ask would be if anyone has any recommendations on one of the more helpful Volvo main dealers. I have never used them but have a few to choose from in Watford, North London or Bedford if anyone has a recommendation I would welcome it.

In terms of airbags, I was of the view they would only interrogate and reset the controller for the EGR if they deem it warranty worthy or is their system a complete wipe of errors no matter the controller after any work?

In terms of start stop, the condition listed is low battery/battery charging and has never changed having given it a full charge a few times now. One the dealer can look at I'm hoping, my concern is more should it be the battery would this be deemed wear and tear on a battery nearing three years.

I'm tempted to book a service at the same time but the £300 or so for oil and two filters and all the tick list checks does pain me. Is servicing within the Volvo network competitive?
Regarding the battery that is pretty easy , there is a built in battery test that can be carried out by the VIDA , the car stores a lot of battery data and with a discharge test and this it comes to a decision and gives a fail code , This will confirm it is faulty for the warranty dept .