Thread: Tow bar needed
View Single Post
Old Jan 28th, 2019, 23:11   #6
kenny
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Dave View Post
What, exactly, do "we" think the software update does??

I bought and fitted a vertical detachable one from these guys (I fitted it myself on the front drive)

https://www.umbrarimorchi.it/en/

Bought it through eBay and it came with free - well, included in the price - delivery from Italy.

I used genuine Volvo electrics (no brainer)

The towbar looks good, fitted easily and works fine - without any software updates.

Cheers

Dave
It does more on some cars than others. On earlier cars like my old 53 plate S80 everything seemed to work fine when I fitted the electrics. I was advised all the update would do was stop the rear fog lights coming on when towing to stop you getting dazzled with a bright red reflection. However with the latest models some have reported that no lights worked on the trailer until they got the software updated. But now It basically tells your car when you are towing, so as well as making the lights work it then changes a load of settings switches such as the stability control, abs, how or rather when the auto box changes gear, the throttle setting altered slightly. It also enables charging feeds to work the fridge and charge the caravan batteries when driving.
kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kenny For This Useful Post: