View Single Post
Old Apr 20th, 2020, 12:13   #69
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 827Roverman View Post
I'll bet that's why my washer bottle is very slow to fill, how do you get to the strainer ? must admit I've never really looked at it. David.
It's in here somewhere David :

This makes it easier :

The long black fill-tube pulls out, peel back (carefully) the rubber donut-shaped ring from the top of the reservoir and remove then lift out the strainer.

Soak both in a bowl of boiling water heavily drenched with white vinegar to remove the limescale. Concentrated lemon juice will also help if you don't have white vinegar.

Wash, rinse and dry both parts and clean the outside of the fill tube. Rub some silicone grease into the rubber-donut and let it soak in for 10-15 minutes then wipe off any excess, don't rub.

Then Haynes it and fill up a lot quicker than you used to!

If you feel energetic and want to remove the whole washer bottle, you can soak it overnight with either a couple of dishwasher tablets or half a dozen denture cleaning tablets (preferably extra strength version) and hot water.
Rinse and dry after. If you do that, take a note of where each screen wash pump lives and also remove the rubber grommet type seals for them - give them the same treatment as the donut-shaped bit.

Refit, job done!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: