View Single Post
Old Dec 14th, 2008, 20:01   #29
DarrenK
Jävla Volvo Förare!

I sure hope everyone enjoyed the meet today? It was fortunate the weather was good for us going over the mountain pass, minus the shower of light hail which left my arm very numb trying to take pictures!!

I'm sorry to hear of those that couldn't make the meet at such short notice; always the next one to look forward to!

The dinner was surprising; they were short staffed today so I think they were glad we were down on numbers - that said, the food was still great but the bill was even greater - or should that be lesser? £45 to feed 7 and we had the drinks thrown in! Kirsty and I are going to head down there some night for a meal over Christmas. It's a pretty cool restaurant also!

Thanks to Andy (NI_Volvo_Nut), Craig (craig8661) and Mark (mchudd) for helping out when the 245 decided the mountain pass was enough! First my horn went, then the indicators flashed fast and slow when indicating, dash lights went out and then the radio dies before the car finally comes to a stop over a bridge! Anyway, she died a second time half a mile round the corner from home, the worst about that was I knew it was going to happen!! She's dew her yearly (and a half!) service so I'll have my mechanic sort out the alternator for me. I appreciate the lend of the jump leads Mark.

Clickity click for pictures!

Roll on the next meet, which will probably be myself and Craigs' last ( ), providing it's in January sometime! Any of the Irish members have any ideas for a meet?

Craig / Helen, the pups are lovely - I really wanted to take Casper home!!

Mark, your 360 GLT is awesome, one of the nicest I've ever seen. I'd love an example like that.

Last edited by DarrenK; Dec 14th, 2008 at 20:04.
DarrenK is offline   Reply With Quote