View Single Post
Old Dec 24th, 2017, 07:56   #10
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Agreed. There's better systems than the factory-fit. Only it works and the issues it does have can usually be sorted for under £200. For me the whole point about running gas is to save money.

A modern system, even if you install yourself runs to £6-700 and a pro-install puts the price at £15-1600 if you're lucky. That's 15,000+ before break-even. For that price it had better be very good, and i can't see the logic. The car might not make that, or the extra 30,000 it needs to be in proper profit.

Better? Perhaps, but my car is worth £700 if I'm lucky. Hence, £15-1600? I'd be an idiot to spend that if saving money is the aim. So how can it be better?

Nope, £15-1600? I want two cars for that.

I'm no registration-plate queen, I'll leave those with self-esteem issues to that lark.

Money no-object, I wouldn't be driving my car anyway, but for the price, it's next to unbeatable.

CLEANING THE DIZZY
You'll not guarntee getting to the slots in the dizzy by pouring down the pipe. Soak by removing the stepper. It's a pig to get to on late models, which is why these days I recommend movilg the whole thing with longer 8mm pipe x 5. Keeps the pricey stepper from cooking too. Then you can make it a yearly job. Takes me 2-3 minutes on mine. Then let it soak for 2-3 hours.

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Dec 24th, 2017 at 08:20.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CNGBiFuel For This Useful Post: