View Single Post
Old Apr 2nd, 2019, 19:51   #12808
bobthecabbage
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthecabbage View Post
My V40 failed its mot today. Not on the rusty rear suspension chassis mounts like I thought but on the rear anti roll bar bracket (mounts to the chassis with 3 bolts*) rusted away and on rear brake pads (even though I checked them and they seemed okay).

New bracket ordered from

FRF Volvo Parts Swansea 01792 790066

with the C3 forum discount. They were very helpful although I had to clarify it was the hanger and not bit that holds the bush. £20 ish delivered which beats £24.77 (excl delivery) from my nearest volvo independent.

This V40 1.9D will probably be for sale soon with 12 months MOT. It has some rust issues underneath and should be a CAT C as it suffered a heavy rear end shunt which I had straightened out but without replacing or respraying anything.

The engine only has 155,000 miles so is basically just run in. It would make a good donor car.

Its got black/dark grey leather/fake leather interior, walnut trim, cruise control, climate control (air con needs topping up but it works), sound system with sub and amp in the boot, telesto alloys.

Send me a message if you are interested. I'm in Devon and I'm happy to put up photos and answer any questions.
* 2 bolts.

Fitted some new rear brake pads even though it didn't need it. Lower calliper slide was seized so cleaned it up, greased it and put it back with a new boot and bolt.

Probably should check all the others...