View Single Post
Old Aug 12th, 2014, 08:12   #38
tt82
Forum Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeyman View Post

Firstly, I did select UK MPG it was still only 38mpg.
Secondly, your own notes say Tesco, not BP.
Thirdly, 38mpg is bad even for the 185 version of the D5.
Lastly, mines Geartronic too.

PS, The hand book states 1700kg for your car. That's 1000kg less than my XC90.
http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/pdf/v70/...list_Jan09.pdf
  1. Yet you previously quoted it as 31 MPG?
  2. As I said earlier, rather than trying to remember what Diesel I put in at the last stop, I simply write down the fuel I put in at that fill up! So on 9/8/14 I filled up with 10.98 Gallons (or 41.58L) of Tesco Diesel, which is more than half of my 70L tank. I then traveled for 510 Miles before filling up with Shell Regular Diesel! Do you understand this now? To know what fuel I was using for any entry, you need to look at the notes for the previous fill up!
  3. 38 MPG is the combined consumption for the Manufacturers own unrealistic figures given for economy. According to Honest John Real MPG figures I am achieving what a majority of owners achieve and is quite far off what Volvo claim.
  4. Good for you!

The link you post for the weight has the "Min. kerb weight, kg (actual kerb weight dependent on spec.)" as 1,774 kg for a D5 GT. Now mine has various options which add weight and I've had it on a weighbridge and it came out as 1,860kg. (There is a picture of this in my showroom thread). I have also had it on another weighbridge where it was 1,840kg. Now as these weighbridges measure to the nearest 20kg, we can assume that my car (with about 3/4 tank of fuel) weighs around 1,850kg. If you really want to quote weight figures with me, try using actual measurements rather than vague manufacturer quoted figures!

And whilst we're on about quoted figures, can you provide evidence of your claimed MPG from Fuelly or similar tracking mechanism. If you read through my notes, you will notice that my cars claimed average MPG is usually 1-2 MPG above the actual figure. Your info centre is hardly ever accurate and can be quite optimistic at times.

ps, on the Fuelly snap shot posted above, entries 10 & 11 are duplicates and I have now deleted one of them!

tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tt82 For This Useful Post: