Thread: D5 (2005 on) - V70 D5 engine issue possible siezed
View Single Post
Old Sep 23rd, 2018, 13:12   #1
T5norm

Unhappy V70 D5 engine issue possible siezed

Hi Everyone. Not really sure how to use the forum but hopefully this message will get posted and someone might be able to help?

I have a v70 D5 R design 2008. Owned it for 3 months my first diesel volvo was always petrol 850s and earlier v70 before that.

Driving it on motorway in 50 mph average speed check all fine when I heard a noise that sounded like something (I thought a plastic bag) had got caught under the car. Got louder with speed so assume something turning. Pulled over on hard shoulder to have a look and nothing there. Propped up bonnet and the engine was making a lot of noise and rattling. Decided not a good idea to drive to my destination so returned home - c. 10 miles in total - and parked car on drive. Had a warning on the dash that charging system had failed - this only came on after I stopped to lift the bonnet and the battery sign illuminated. Changed to mrs car and called a mobile mechanic to come out to have a look at the car. described the symptoms and he thought it was an alternator problem. He came and checked the cr over and said the engine had siezed and he doesnt know why or how! Has anyone got experience of an event like this and can give me some direction. Car currently sat on my drive and unable to move it to take to another mechanic. Thank you. Forgot to add I have only had the car 3 months and had all belts changed when I bought it as did not come with history.
T5norm is offline   Reply With Quote