Thread: Engine: D5244: - Ecm 6805 and boost related issues
View Single Post
Old Nov 5th, 2017, 20:30   #33
jamesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by krist2an View Post
I'm also having an issue with the dreaded ECM-6805. I only get the code when the engine is cold, never when warm. When looking at the data from VIDA, it shows that the VTN actuator opens up 100% very easily when the engine is cold, and this creates overboost. When the engine is already warm, it usually doesn't go over 80%. Has anybody had similar issues? Could it be a sticky turbo?
when i bought my xc70 it started going into limp mode everytime i booted it over 3k , i had a terraclean done but i dont really think that worked , i went on my hols over 200 miles or more at high revs in 5th , never went into 6th to just try to clear some crap out , after i got homp it never went into limp and for the last 2 weeks its been very powerful and responsive , as of last night but only when the engine has been cold its gone into limp mode 3 times now by just a medium throttle , the temp dropped last night here in sheffield to below 5deg so im wondering if theres a temp sensor or something thats my problem as its not doing it once the engine is warm.
jamesey is offline   Reply With Quote