Thread: Engine: D5244: - Ecm 6805 and boost related issues
View Single Post
Old Apr 22nd, 2018, 18:44   #40
aland

I've had the ECM-6805 intermittently for years on my D5, but it had now got to the point of every time you tried to overtake it would show it's ugly head.
No change with engine mount feed plugged, so no issues there.
I had previously changed the turbo control governor with a 2nd hand part, but no change.
As the 2nd hand part was potentially no better than the one on the car, I gave in and bought a new part (p/n 30637251) from Volvo last week (Łouch)... still no improvement - except one test-drive when it was faultless, but the issue was back on the next!

Previously I'd *not* changed the turbo intake pipe as my '04 car has the later pipe design which is stronger, and from my experience with other (older) D5's this causes a squeal when the pipe collapses and restricts the flow - and I had no squeal.
Anyway, I had one of these in the garage from another car I stripped for parts - which showed a 05 date code and generally looked fresher than mine.
I fitted it today (complete with the PCV heater) - and suddenly no further issues!!

So - maybe these later hoses don't screech when they collapse?! Or maybe the PCV heater was faulty and was related? Don't know - and it's early days, but hopefully that's the end of the issue anyway.

I'm temped to swap the governor back and sell the new one on ebay!
aland is offline   Reply With Quote