View Single Post
Old Dec 20th, 2021, 15:13   #1
Premier Member

Default Delivery dates and specifications

Has anybody on here ordered a new car in the last 6 months or so, or taken delivery of one recently?
After receiving an absurd trade in price for my wife’s car, we placed an order for a new XC40 R Design in early July; at the time, the estimated delivery date was early October.
Shortly before then we received a call from the dealer, saying that it would now be December and, today, another call stating that it will be March at the earliest! They also said that any new enquirers are being told that new orders will not be fulfilled until 2023.
While we fully understand the reasons behind the delays, and are more than happy to continue enjoying her old car; the dealer has promised to honour the deal as it stands, so we are not losing out, I am now wondering exactly what specification the new car, if and when it is delivered, will be. I understand that the T3 is no longer available, and the specification for the R Design has changed, so some features such as pilot assist are now standard features. So, does anybody know what cars are now filtering through?
Will our new car be a mild hybrid?
Will it have sensus or Google?
Is it likely to have the 2022 updates to the specification, or even the 2023?
Any other changes?
60041 is offline   Reply With Quote