View Single Post
Old Feb 20th, 2011, 15:01   #8
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBGlos View Post
Hi everyone

Have been over the moon with the XC60 - had it just over a year now - marvellous!

Now I've got the rising oil level problem - hopefully in on Saturday but cant help thinking that I'm wearing my bearings with diluted oil no matter what the technician says!

Anyway on to my problem... thought I was imagining it at first. The car is a geartronic btw

Driving home late one night and couldn't decide whether the accelerator pedal felt right... or rather the response to my input or lack of it! Accelerating out of a roundabout into a country road and the car didn't seem to want to 'go' just no response. I put it down to paranoia and the fact that I was steering at the time and perhaps the 'brain' though it a bad idea to accelerate at that point on a bend...

But it is happening more and more until tonight it was almost unresponsive.... I can only liken it to my teenage years VW beetle... no acceleration you just get slowly faster! The revs would slowly go up to about 3500 and it sounded as though the geartronic didn't want to change up and the car sort of pootled along. It did it repeatedly with my foot slammed to the floor - nothing! Neither did I have any warning lights/messages on the dash of any form!

Stopped the car as soon as I could pull in and switched off then restarted the car and all was fine - pushing the pedal to the floor then brought on the shove in the back and kickdown I am used to!

Any ideas what the heck is happening here? It seems a bit random and I just know that the car will behave beautifully when it goes in to the dealer on Saturday so would like some idea of what might be the problem as the car is giving me no indication that anything is wrong apart from the lack of guts!

Clues anyone?
You cant really guess here with so many possible causes , a fault code should be stored to give a clue as to where the fault lies .

It could well be the particle filter temperature sensor . Also the wiring loom could be rubbing through on the bracket near the power steering pump your dealer will have a bulletin on this . But fault codes will lead the way here when investigated ..
( throttle codes for the wiring problem and particle temperature sensor codes for the sensor )