View Single Post
Old Nov 26th, 2015, 21:26   #64
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampmaster View Post
Hi Clan,
My 05 XC90 I think has had the audio unit changed. It switches on and makes a noise but doesn't actually work. I did investigate it last year and it seems that the replacement has to be within 1000 of the original serial number to work. Am I remembering that correctly? Is there any way to program the car to accept the replacement unit? It is an identical unit from a similar car but the serial numbers are way different. Everything else works, park sensors etc.
I had to change my ECU a while back and boy was that a lot of hassle. I had to get the old one "read", the replacement wiped and programmed with the old units info. It worked though. I discovered that most people are not interested in these jobs and many claim to able to do it and cannot. Last check there were about five in the UK able to do it.
you might find a friendly dealer to try a reload of the ICM software , but Volvo don't give any support to them if they end up with a dead car so that is why most are reluctant do do any unauthorised work like that . The CEM checks all the serial numbers when the ignition is turned on and The infotainment system will not be allowed to operate if the serial number of the ICM which is stored in teh CEM does not match . a grey area ..

If it were me i would just get the original ICM which worked repaired ...