View Single Post
Old Feb 15th, 2020, 22:30   #8
XCR
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssexExile View Post
Thus increasing your premium!
Do you really think thats how it works ?
Who tells us this ? Why, its those fine straight dealing insurance companies !

If I suffered a burglary or god forbid a fire at my shop, I would hardly open the doors again and double the prices now could I ? Thats a risk and consequence of business....that I would not attempt to make my loyal customers pay for....

In 30 years I have claimed twice. Once was a theft from the driveway (a walk in burglary) and the other was when my son ran into the back of another car in a rainstorm shortly after passing his test in my car. Fun times.....

Both straightforward claims you would think, that we had PAID TO BE INSURED AGAINST right ?
Wrong.
My god, never a bunch of downright, underhand liars have I had the misfortune of dealing with....excepting letting agents, landlords, property buyers and their solicitors of course....

Remember when retailers used to bleat on about how shoplifters were creating costly prices of goods ? Then along came improved security and CCTV, banning orders for the worst offenders and improved detection methods with our High Streets now bristling with cameras....ah, that'll explain why goods are now really cheap then ? Oh, hang on....

Remember this though guys, under the distance selling regulations you have 7 days in which to cancel your policy. If they then demand a silly amount to change horses, just threaten to cancel and watch their attitude change. It works for me each time.
XCR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XCR For This Useful Post: