View Single Post
Old Aug 15th, 2017, 13:59   #287
eaglesally
eaglesally

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC View Post
Hi, try Tim Williams in Leicestershire - it's a bit of a drive, but worth it! He knows the Rs inside out and has a very good reputation for working on the R cars!

Cheers
Thanks for that. I have made a momentous decision. I have found my third Laser Blue V70R AWD from 1999 and I'm in the process of buying it. It's been imported from Japan and has only 70,000 kms on the clock. It's in mint condition apart from two tiny stone chips which I have asked to have sorted out. They will also change the radio for a more modern one with bluetooth and an AUX socket. I'm paying a lot for this car, but it will see me out and I just don't want any other car. I absolutely love a car that looks this good, drives this well in all weathers and into which you can put a wardrobe if necessary!

I have a couple of questions for you all. Firstly, the garage selling it are reluctant to change the odometer to read in mph; they say that it smacks of tampering. They will, however, change the dial to show mph. I have to clarify this with them - I'm not going to have some after market abomination stuck on to it and I don't see how it can show miles per hour and clock up kilometres per hour. Your opinions please.

Secondly, what do you think of the wheels? I can't make up my mind if I like them. I'm a purist at heart and am thinking of refurbishing my Satellites instead.

Thirdly, I have to prepare my existing R (the Hairy Little Devil - from V301 HLD) for resale. The first thing I need is an ignition barrel and I'm having some trouble sourcing one. If anyone knows where I can get a good used one, I'd be grateful for suggestions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3 Offside.jpg (179.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 1 Front offside.jpg (208.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 13 Interior front driver.jpg (148.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 28 Wheel.jpg (168.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 29 Engine.jpg (184.4 KB, 12 views)
eaglesally is offline   Reply With Quote