View Single Post
Old Feb 22nd, 2017, 13:52   #33
Russki

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGBiFuel View Post
Yes I read his post. Makes sense only if you have no system, and lots of time.
Even hten I wonder if it was really going to save him money, compared with going out and earning money in the time it took him to do it.

We are at crossed purposes: You wrote:

So, this is true then is it? If you take time and money out of it. A non-working Necam system means you'll need more than free software, a Stag set, some injectors and unplugged hoses. It'll be a lot of work, and it'll cost more than £190. Even in Russia. So why would you not just repair your Necam? None of the repairs take more than two hours. Most less. Please expalin how your solution comes cheaper?

I've never spent as much time or money to run a gas powered car, as your Sante Fe guy. I bet I've saved more money. Although I doubt it, perhaps it makes financial sense in Russia, but when you can buy whole Bifuel cars for the cost of a conversion, ( I did ) and they come up most weeks, it doesn't here. Those Bifules ahve usually got stepper motor issues and I get them running. In the last few months I've sold steppers to guys buying V70 Bifuels such that including my stepper they were on the road for under £7-900.00. Now that makes sense, good for them and good business for me!

One bloke fixed it for £40, ( a new diaphragm). Why? Because I told him how to do it. Please expalin, why would you rip a Necam off when you can fix 'em at worst for £190. Good for me, good for tehm? Not daft Russians spending god-knows-how-much time and money...

Cheap motoring is what this section is about.
I understand now what are you trying to prove. I do apologise for my stupidity and ignorance. You just want to make the point that it is absolutely impossible to fix a bifuel Volvo cheaper than your solution. Sadly that is not true in the real world. You see United Kingdom is quite conservative about alternative fuel, so the market for spares is not like somewhere else. I bet in India they sell more varieties of curry powder than they sell in England. A brief search of the polish manufacturer for LPG called STAG or Digitronic as we, russians, know them will bring you a variety of choices from all over post USSR countries with the price for any pocket. This guy sells the kit on picture for less than 200 british pound (Please use your own means of transferring currency if you like the currency code is UAH) it took me less than 30 seconds to find the whole front end for the same price as your solution. If you will subtract that tomasetto vapouriser cost it will fall even lower.
Now lets look closely to the guy who is selling it. The guy has a shop in the city of Kharkov, Ukraine. The Stag manufacturing facility is in Białystok, Poland and between them is 700 odd mile and a Ukrainian-Polish Border with import cost of 32% all together. I am under impression that the guy in Kharkiv is still making a profit selling these as I couldn't find any information if he is operating a charity. If you are worried about delivery please don't as it is 5pounds for kilo via courier service.

The holes are already in intake manifold, and they have a thread on them. I believe its about 3hours job to replace distributor with injectors, considering coffee brakes, 1.5 hour to get to that distributor (dammit!).

My stepper is working and I just replaced my necam vaporiser with KME silver that is working flawlessly. Necam vaporiser was sold to the guy in Belarus, who like you think that necam is amasing. He paid 50 quid all inclusive. I paid 64 for a new vaporiser from UK dealer. Is it worth spending 40 quid for 19 quid diaphragm? I don't know...

In the conclusion I want to ask if you're satisfied by my choice of answer?

P.S. I want to contribute to that eBay guide you wrote. It will be easier to replace distributor bracket nuts with these that will save your customers a lot of time on to getting to that damn distributor with its fragile stepper motor for cleaning etc.
Russki is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Russki For This Useful Post: