View Single Post
Old Aug 21st, 2019, 06:21   #2
green van man
Premier Member

Your dealer is pants or not talking to the parts man. Are you dealing with the sales team or the technicians?

My parts man can easily tell from the part numbers what's available, if he doesn't know which bit it should be for a particular car he can check via vin number as what is listed and should be on your car, and confirm with volvo if nessesary.

From what your dealer is saying they can never sell a car with the tempa spare as they would not know what to get and cannot be arsed finding out.

I baught a second hand xc70 and as part of the deal the tin of gunk and compressor were exchanged for a temp a spare and the jack kit and foam inlay to store it. At that time the wheel was £114 to buy as the invoice to the dealer was in the car

The 125/80/17 or 18, the 80 is the aspect ratio so 80% of 125 mm hight of tyre x2 plus the diameter of the rim either 17 or 18 inches will give you an overall diameter, measure what you have on the car and compare which is closest. Then check it will fit in the resess in the boot

As an aside, I would never use the volvo scissor jack under the sill, I carry an hydraulic bottle jack and place under the wishbone so that it is only that wheel being lifted not the whole side of the car to full suspention drop before the wheel comes off the ground. Sooner dirty than dead.

Paul.

Last edited by green van man; Aug 21st, 2019 at 06:31. Reason: Extra info.
green van man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to green van man For This Useful Post: