View Single Post
Old Oct 27th, 2020, 23:59   #17
aslan
From far away

Hi maxiz1

Are you still using the Aisin ATF? Any updates on how's your transmission going after 3 years?

My XC90 is now at 230k kms and the AW50/51 is fine. Recently after many years using Toyota T-IV the fluid was partially changed to Volvo ATF. The volvo was at a shop for something else and was due for a ATF refresh. The shop was aware of some volvo owners using T-IV and he doesn't recommend it. They said the quality is inferior to Volvo.

Anyhow, after the Volvo ATF the transmission surprisingly felt much better compared to previous drain refill with T-IV.

Now I'm wondering whether I should change to something else. I found the regional Aisin Singapore website has an application chart for their Aisin AFW+. Under Volvo it lists a few part numbers. At first I thought it was the transmission part no but after searching a bit in VIDA - the part no given by Aisin are actually the Volvo ATF part no which matches with the XC90.

With AFW+ being synthetic, I'm tempted to give it a try.

I have used Mobil1 ATF before in the V40 with no ill effects. But this was when the bottle specified compatible with T-IV/ JWS3309. After the new packaging omitted these specs, I stopped using.
B230E 740 1989 - sold
aslan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aslan For This Useful Post: