View Single Post
Old Aug 19th, 2019, 21:54   #26
nigellazypostman
Knock ring letters thro….

Cheers once again Dave I agree with you I am confident that the fuel injection relay and the radio suppression relay are sound as the injectors have power and the fuel pumps run, Luckily had a spare ECU in stock so tried this on the car and it has made no difference the car still wont start unless i bridge negative onto the grey injector wiring.

Out of curiosity there are two ECU's in the footwell the silver one that is low down under the bonnet release and a black Bosch one higher up. I only had a spare silver one in stock so have not been able to substitute this one

That aside all of this is pointing to a wiring fault and the only option appears to pin each wire out one at a time. I have managed to find a Volvo service manual with all the test details for the 2.4 lh jetronic its for the non turbo engine but i am hoping it will lead me to the cause, I intend to start with the ECU earths and take it from there.

Its going to be later in the week now though as unfortunately I have to travel.

At least i know now that if the injectors see negative the car will run so thats progress and rules out a heap of other components
nigellazypostman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nigellazypostman For This Useful Post: