View Single Post
Old Oct 20th, 2017, 12:54   #8
Janis Dravnieks

Default XC 70 D5 misfire

Someone can help me. I can not find fault. Volvo D5 2008 XC70. The engine works idle when working freely and after a moment it starts misfiring in it without burning in one of the cylinders. If I start to turn on electric consumers like a rear window heater, conditioner, dipped beam, fog lights, driving beam, seat heater, then the engine immediately works perfectly at idle. If I shut out one of the consumers, for example a driving beam, then the engine starts to misfiring at the instant that one of the cylinders will not work.
What I have checked and changed:
I double checked the nozzles and placed the other nozzles for the third time (no changes)
I drove all the wires from the control unit to the sensors to all of them and opened it, and found some of the wires that I had stripped off of the insulation. Repair them (no changes)
I exchanged fuel rail pressure sensor, fuel rail regulator, injection pump, injection pump regulator, crankshaft sensor, camshaft sensor. (no changes)
I checked the toothbelt condition and timing marks (all ok)
I removed the valve cover and checked the camshaft wear and the rocks were not broken (everything is ok as new)
I checked the compression
1 cil 28bar
2 cil 29bar
3 cil 30bar
4 cil 30bar
5 cil 30bar

Help someone with smart advice.
Janis Dravnieks is offline   Reply With Quote