View Single Post
Old Jan 16th, 2019, 10:15   #1965
Zebster
Upstanding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukka88 View Post
Hi, so I also have the dreaded telltale signs!!! I purchased my 14 plate S60 d4 125k in November 2018 and had a service with the purchase. 3 weeks later had a message to top up oil 0.5, checked the oil level using the dreadful digital dash which said oil level was low on the first bar. So topped on the oil, all okay and no messages until last Thursday when the orange engine check light appeared. It did go off the other day, but back on again now. I have it booked in this Friday for the codes to be read 🤞🏻. The car has full Volvo service history.
This may have nothing whatsoever to do with the EGR problem. Certainly the oil level issue is unrelated.

Get yourself an ELM327 diagnostics adaptor so you can read your own engine codes using an app on your phone. The last one I bought (a Bluetooth version) was only about £2.50 and the Torque app was free! Volvo will rob you about £50+VAT to perform diagnostics...

My 2015 VEA D4 engine went through a period of intermittently bringing on the engine warning symbol, but it wasn't to do with the EGR. My code reader gave P014c, which relates to a sooted-up oxygen sensor in the exhaust manifold (another not uncommon problem with these engines) but apparently a routine DPF regen has sorted this out.