View Single Post
Old Dec 16th, 2022, 01:05   #17
Volvozack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvozack View Post
New here

Currently going through the same issues. Put the heaters on and I get a blast of warm air followed by very cold air. Which stays cold unless I turn off the heating and try again for a sweet short blast of warm air! Going to try to disconnect the AQS tomorrow to see if it makes a difference.

I took it to a garage and they said it may be cylinder head gasket?!?!?!

Any other advice please do let me know guys

Ok guys an update, I tried the AQS disconnect to see if that’s the problem. Took me 2 hours in total and that sensor is a nightmare to get to and get off. Tried the heaters and nope it did not work.

Today I tried to tackle the heater core/exchanger. Watched numerous videos online and all seemed pretty straight forward. We went ahead and started stripping the interior covers and glove box but something did not seem right. There was a blower fan box (the big white one) in the way! Not only were the clips and pipes really difficult to take out the exchanger:core itself would not slide out due to the fan box. I then realised most videos online showed cars that were lhd and not rhd. Then I had two options, spend the next 10 hours in freezing the cold, removing dash board and said box then removing the core and replacing, without knowing of the core was the actual issue or cut the white box slide core out and test.

We went for the second option, as shown in the photo. Once cut and core was out we tested and yes seemed to be core issue.. replaced and tested in car and It all worked fine.

We used glue and tortilla tape to reseal the white box and popped everything back together.

Car is now blowing lovely warm air!
Volvozack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Volvozack For This Useful Post: