View Single Post
Old Sep 16th, 2007, 19:31   #29
carpy
850R/V70R Seeker

Yeah I second that. The whole idea of a community is to help other people / share information etc. I've been trying for almost a year to find out certain things on here (VOC) and over on VPCUK and there always comes a point when someone pulls the thread or locks it etc. It's bloody annoying especially when all I am doing is figuring out whats the best way to proceed with my car. Finally we have somewhere on http://www.T5D5.org where we can ask whatever we like & get undiluted opinions from Volvo owners about where to go, where not to go, what upgrade worked & more importantly what upgrade didn't work etc.

The case of Chris and his VT hybrid going bang doesn't seem to exist over on the VPCUK forums. You'd think it never happened. Surely things like this should be highlighted on an owners forum. If the tuners want to add to the discussion to say why it was a one off, or the reason why it wasn't their fault etc then even better. At least that way new members & those starting to upgrade can make informed choices. At the moment it's just crazy.

This forum hasn't exactly helped either. By banning VT this place has become part of the same problem. They should be allowed to put their side should anyone make comments about them. Agreed that the whole SW / VT warring posts made by the same people were getting damn annoying, but this site is supposed to be for the members so we can see what's really going on out there.

Last edited by carpy; Sep 16th, 2007 at 19:47.
carpy is offline   Reply With Quote