View Single Post
Old Sep 16th, 2007, 19:57   #30
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,

From what little I have read about performance tweaking of cars (Volvo's in this case.. ) it is very dependant on the car being tuned/tweaked.
No two cars are going to be exactly the same.

Different methodologies of tweaking said cars will also give different results.
So an MTE map and a RICA upgrade, while both giving improved performance, will be different.

SO which is "better"? Given the above comments about the secretive nature of what happens for each method, where else do people have to find out?
Here of course. Unless said tuners decide to use what can only be described as underhanded tactics to stifle this information and other people finding out about it.
Sorry, but if I say that on my car an MTE was crap and have the data to prove it, I'll post it. If I go to a place like volvo performance tuning and get crap service - I'll say so.
That is MY liability. As per terms on this forum that I accepted - I accept responsibility for those comments I make.
Be advised though, it maybe the an MTE on another car is fab... Or another garage is better. etc.. But we should know about both the good and bad...

An openness to this would be a much better way of working. Each tuner does have something to offer (depending on the car you have - well most do as there are some to be avoided at all costs I hear) and openness will help people identify the right place, people and methodology for their needs, budget and car.

So..... More openness please, and can our forum please advise of those commercial agents/companies who threaten the forum so that we can "Avoid Like Plague"...

And also, any claims made by commercial tuners etc need to to be backed up with some form of proof - preferably independent.

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."

Last edited by CTCNetwork; Sep 16th, 2007 at 22:22. Reason: My Bad Typing!
CTCNetwork is offline   Reply With Quote