Thread: V70: Wheels/Brakes - How to: Manual EPB removal/wind off
View Single Post
Old Jul 11th, 2023, 17:59   #45
Paww

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggiebird8 View Post
Hi All,

I wish I had seen this very useful guide before I started the job! I made the mistake of trying to use a copy of VIDA that I had obtained. The advantage

3. New bolts (1 and 2 above) with threadlock on them are included with Volvo supplied pads and discs.

4. I would recommend the manual method for winding the back of the caliper with a torx type tool and then closing up the piston with a g clamp and suitable padding/wood to protect the drive plate.

5. The O ring seal for the motor cost an eye watering £23 + vat from a Volvo dealer. This is ridiculous for a heat resistant O ring and 2 T30 torx screws!! I have actually complained to Volvo UK about this price. In the event the O ring is likely to be reusable, but always handy to have one just in case.

6. All the parts were very well made IMO, and fitted without problems

I am getting around 30 000 miles from a set of pads and discs and wondered what sort of mileage others achieve. I perhaps could have left the discs in place as they had not reached the wear limit (19mm) but were noticeably 'lipped'.
I think you mean 9mm? My new pattern ones are 10.5 mm out of the box.

I’ve a bucketful of lights on the dash so went for a Foxwell 530 dedicated to Volvo. Seriously miffed that despite offering to put the brake into service mode it hasn’t done it despite three attempts. Given its just a polarity change to advance or retract I get all sorts of stuff that tries to explain but just confuses. I had to buy a cheap windows computer to actually initiate the Foxwell! There’s me thinking I was rid of windows ten years ago and yet its back in the house again. Still not intuitive but a lot better at getting from one end of a task to the other.
Paww is offline   Reply With Quote