View Single Post
Old Oct 8th, 2011, 15:32   #27
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
thanks for your time and effort gatos,does this mean as v40bart says its a gearbox job now.and i need a slave cylinder bearing,or should i try the other things you've mentioned(6 and9)....sorry for sounding thick,but also, how come fluid is managing to escape out of the gearbox or clutch housing,when you would think these would be tightly sealedime concerned i might be missing something...as i cannot pinpoint exactly where the leak is coming from...thanks once again all
We can never be 100% accurate diagnosing a problem over the internet but I am afraid that yes it is a greabox job. I also have to agree with Siamblue's and v40bart's suggestions.

I think you are doing the same mistake as I did when I took my gearbox out with siamblue. If you look at the photo, you will see that about 1/3 of the gearbox looks kind of hollow. That is where the slave cylinder, clutch, pressure plate are located. If you could see what is hidden and sealed behind the slave cylinder, you would find all the gears and pulleys etc.

Nullius in Verba
gatos is offline   Reply With Quote