View Single Post
Old Feb 25th, 2015, 22:01   #1
Ml 1990 740 turbo
Master Member

Hello
I'm working on a cheaper version of my strut braces. For people on a tighter budget. It won't be quite as heavy duty as my other brace. But I make ATV and agricultural equipment for a living, so I tend to over engineer everything anyway. I'm going with the boxy theme of the car. It will be made from rectangle box section and flat bar. Which means less time involved in making th there for I can offer them a lot cheaper.

I should be able to do these for £45

I have a really gashed together one. Made from stuff I had lying around in my shed. That was made purely to see if the concept would work, and jigging purposes. I've attached a photo. But as I say it was purely for concept. The flat bar on the ends will be made from one piece of flat bar bent,Rather than 3 welded together. Will also be half as thick with holes punched in them which will look nice and make it lighter. Plus the round tube on the ends,where it bolts to the strut tops, will be the same concept, but made from box. The centre rectangle box will be the same.
If anyone would be interested in one of these. Let me know. As I will have to make some little jigs for the ends. So if I have interest,I'll go ahead with this concept. I'll still make my others as well.
The concept brace is by no means pretty, but it gives u an idea of what it'll be

Another picture

And another
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (141.8 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg image.jpg (161.6 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg image.jpg (167.2 KB, 87 views)

Last edited by cumbrianmale; Feb 26th, 2015 at 18:35.
Ml 1990 740 turbo is offline   Reply With Quote