View Single Post
Old Jun 13th, 2019, 12:43   #11
James77

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
Those who think its too much bother or too often need not do anything just carry on regardless, I cant see why some people moan that Volvo continue to provide this regular free service.

Remember that there are millions of roads in Europe and the rest of the world covered by the navigation system and there must be constantly adding new roads or alterations/corrections and then there are speed camera updates as well

On my MK 1 XC90 you had to buy new DVD disc updates which where hundreds of pounds to update, so obviously not many people bothered after the first few free ones. Lots of second hand cars with out of date satnav data. Volvo should now be congratulated for making these regular updates free not moaned at. If you dont want them just ignor them but please don't moan.
Millions or road you will never drive on.
My issue isn't with the updates it's the update process. BMW/AUDI/Land Rover have a data plan and the car will auto update as new maps are released, no need to do anything.
With Volvo you'll need a USB and several hours faffing about downloading then uploading to the car or a PSIM is monumental amounts of data paid for by the consumer.
Doesn't feel very premium to me.
James77 is online now   Reply With Quote