View Single Post
Old Dec 5th, 2008, 15:25   #5
mvpguerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8disco View Post
I had to change the wiring on XC90 monitors when I fitted them to my V70 and it is quite straightforward.

Basically just chop off the large 6 or 8 way connector and identify the red and black at one end that have slightly shinier insulation than the rest. These are your power and earth. Then select the yellow (and its earth) which is your video, and that is it. Connect these, tape back the rest and job done.

If you want to convert to RCA type connectors, you could do what I did and buy a cheap short scart to RCA lead (mine were £3 from Tesco). Then remove the scart end and all you need to do is join the monitor yellow and black to the adaptor lead and you can then plug the yellow into your dvd player. I dont think your player can feed the power but if you dont want to hardwire into the cars wiring, buy a cigarette socker adaptor and just wire both screen power and earths into that.

Best to solder all joins and cover with heatshrink.

Hope this helps

Martin
Dear Martin,

Your answer is just what I was looking for! I also have a 2003 V70 (D5) and I wanted to fit it with XC90 headrest with integrated LCD. The way you explained it makes it look very straightfoward. Just to be shure: the XC90 headrests are fully compatible on a V70? I also have another issue: I wanted to keep the telephone speaker from the V70... Do you think that can be done based on your experience? It looks like the headrests have a zipper underneath, can it be easily accessed?

Cheers.
mvpguerra is offline   Reply With Quote