View Single Post
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 22:21   #7
Stevepvolvo

Hi
Am new to this forum as am attemting to set up an Rear Screen Entertainment system in a 2007 (old type model) XC70. From the knowledge I have gained in this forum for other queries I have had, I thought I would join so that I could pose some questions.
Regarding the monitors mentioned in this thread I have also purchased two XC90 headrests with monitors that have the same leads mentioned above, ie a 6 way block with red, yellow and white leads with matching black earths and a separate screened 3.5mm socket.
I would normally expect a separate power lead as usually the red and white are audio left and right and yellow is video. However, there is no separate power so having read this thread I tried powering the red and its earth lead. However, this has no affect. I have tried both units one which still has the manufacturers screen protector on.
So, either both units are dead which is odd as this was from a new fit that someone attempted (yes they may have blown them) or I am missing something.
I was therefore curious as to whether member who had the apparent same screens had gotten them to work?
The units are marked with the code CHM-5811A on the rear but no manufacturer name. No internet search has revealed anything for that code.
Many thanks
Steve
Stevepvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote