Thread: City Safe
View Single Post
Old Apr 2nd, 2018, 22:59   #4
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hancym View Post
I have a question to all with City Safe. Is it actually possible to get this to stop you car without the parking sensors bleeping first and then chickening out and braking? I can't!!

I've recently changed to an XC60 with City Safe. Can't for the life of me get it to work as I roll up to the car in front in traffic. Short of lining up some large cardboard boxes in my drive and heading for them, is there anyone out there actually experienced this pulling your car up on a regular basis in a queue of traffic?
You do not understand the system , It is not something you operate , What is does is when it detects there is a collision imminent if the driver does nothing it gets ready and applies the brakes at the very last moment , there may still be a collision but a much smaller one than if it had not intervened . In most cases it stops with a gap and hits nothing .
Best keep trying to drive properly , avoiding collisions like you have all your life , Then one day in the future it might just save you if your concentration lapses .

It is not only in traffic queues it works , it works out on the road at speed .
I have been driving these Volvos around for the last 10 years with city safety fitted and never ever had an incident with it activating , neither will most reasonable drivers .