View Single Post
Old Mar 13th, 2024, 06:49   #7
Justtom

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith240 View Post
Hello Tomas, I've got a 2.5 turbo petrol with 141000 miles, not sure where the T5 elite comes from ? The engine and gearbox are strong but I would check over all the electrical bits and the suspension. It is a heavy car and the suspension is likely to need some attention at that mileage. They are also vulnerable to water damage either from the sunroof drains (mine just became detached behind A pillar and flooded the passenger floor) or windscreen damaging the CEM (mine is damaged and there is no power to the 12v sockets). That shouldn't put you off but check it over before paying the top price being asked. Certainly looks in good condition and look forward to hearing back after your visit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlosos View Post
Look really clean. Steering wheel looks bad but easy and cheap to change.

Gearbox (check for how it works hot and cold, oil changes)
Water ingress if it has sunroof in front footwells
Rear subframe rust
Cambelt and aux belt
Interior electronics

If all of these are in date and ok it should be fine and the. It’s just down general car stuff. The gearbox and rear subframe are the hardest thing to fix so if they arnt right I would walk.
My friend owns a the diesel variant and he has a lot of experience working on cars. He says there might be trouble with the turbos and the vanos unit. Have you encountered anything like that?
Justtom is offline   Reply With Quote